Pages

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Day 2 at AETC


I'm sitting in session 2 of day 2 at the Alabama Education Technology Conference...and I am on overload!!! After 2 full days of excellent ideas at the JSU CORE Academy last week and 2 days of more wonderful ideas this week I am just a little (!) overwhelmed. The lingering question,"How in God's great world will I be able to manage all the social media apps that these presenters recommend I use??" I understand that each of them are, or can be, beneficial to my professional life and most of all for my students. I just can't fathom how to organize it.

Yeah, that's me. I am an organizer. I think it is my true hobby. I like to think I'm a crafter, a scrapbooker, a Bejeweled Blitz champion...but really I am a craft organizer, a scrapbook materials organizer, a Blitz geek.

Now there's social media apps-Twitter, LinkdIn, Facebook (which I have been on for sometime), Tumblr (which I learned yesterday is the app kids are moving to from Facebook so I have to be on it if I want to know what my children and my students are doing), and I can't remember which others I was told to get on. But here's the best part for me... the organizer!!! Hoot Suite manages several of these apps' streams in one place! So, I think you can imagine what exactly is going to happen with me next: I will get stuck managing/organizing my Hoot Suite account instead of actually tweeting and ??? (I don't know what it's called when you tweet on other social media sites!!) Boy, I have a long road to travel.

Side note: auto-correct is so frustrating! Yesterday I tried to type, "...herding cats," and it came out "HDTV cats!" Wouldn't have been so bad but it was shared with the whole audience through Todaysmeet.com. Don't you know people were thinking, "Who is that idiot?!?"

No comments:

Post a Comment